If you are a Black-owned media company or organization in South Africa, then this organization is for you. We also welcome all media practitioners, professionals and service providers (agencies, non-profits, trainers etc.) to join us.
Complete this form below and we will be in touch with you soon to complete the application process.
Thank you for showing your interest in the Black Media Owners Association.
Why join the BMOA?
- Networking Opportunities: Members of the association will have the opportunity to connect with other black-owned media companies, industry experts, and potential business partners through events and other networking opportunities.
- Advocacy and Representation: As a member of the association, you will have a voice in advocacy efforts on behalf of black-owned media companies. The association will represent its members in discussions with regulators, advertisers, and other stakeholders in the media industry.
- Access to Resources: Members of the association will have access to resources such as industry reports, research, and educational materials to help grow their businesses. Inside the website, members have to login and access the content.
- Visibility and Exposure: The association will work to promote its members and raise awareness of their media titles and services to a wider audience.
- Collective Bargaining Power: By joining forces with other black-owned media companies, members of the association can negotiate better deals with advertisers, suppliers, and other partners. We create proposals and work with owners to get the best presentation to our potential partners.
- Professional Development: The association offers training and development programs to help members improve their skills and knowledge in areas such as media planning, sales, and marketing.
- Community Support: By joining the association, members will become part of a supportive community of fellow black-owned media companies, all working together towards a common goal of improving the representation and dignity of black people through media.
Other benefits of joining the BMOA
- Access to information and resources in the media industry
- Build a solid reputation as an independent media owner
- Get insight and valuable content from fellow media owners and grow your knowledge
- Expand your network with like-minded business owners and managers
- Assist in getting support for your media platforms (development, funding, training etc)
- Being a part of a growing, inclusive and supportive environment throughout your media organization’s journey
Requirements for joining
- Must be a registered entity in South Africa (profit or non-profit organizations only)
- Must have proof of ownership of media entities/titles (certificate or document confirming ownership)
- Must be operating in the news media (press, TV, radio, online) or marketing media (advertising, design, promotions etc) industry
- Must be operational for at least one year
- Must have an annual turnover not exceeding R10 million. Entities beyond the limit are requested to join as partners.